The 2-day Multi Pitch Climbing Course is for climbers who have lead-climbing experience and are looking to tackle larger objectives. Instructors will build on existing skills and techniques, with the expressed purpose of linking multiple pitches of climbing together. Anchor building, rope management, top-managed belays, and advanced rappelling techniques will be emphasized in order to equip students with the tools they need to climb higher. This course will be taught in a single-pitch setting so that students have time to learn and practice in a controlled setting before committing to a multi-pitch route.
Learn, practice and build confidence in the following topics:
- Equipment selection for multi-pitch objectives
- Choosing belay and anchor placements for ease and use & communication
- Building anchors for top managed belays
- Belaying your partner from above
- Advanced rappelling techniques
*This is course designed for intermediate to advanced climbers. Must be able to demonstrate ability to climb 5.8 on top-rope.