What better place to learn the ins and outs of rock climbing than the high country of Summit County? Who better to learn from than professional guides and instructors who have made a life of working and playing in these mountains?
Our Youth Rock Climbing Camps will get young climbers outside to enjoy the serenity of the mountains and get hands on instruction from trained guides and instructors. The 3-day camp will visit different climbing sites each day where climbers will have the opportunity to learn new skills and hone what they learned the previous day. By the end of the week, each student should have a solid grasp what is needed to enjoy a day of rock climbing.
In addition to rock climbing, these young climbers will learn about stewardship of public lands and how to be respectful and responsible rock climbers.
- All Equipment Provided
- All instruction will take place outdoors on real rock in Summit County!
- No prior rock climbing experience required
- Taught by local, professional guides and instructors
- Access to Summit County’s top climbing sites
Students will learn, practice, and build confidence in the following areas:
- Proper fit and function of harnesses, shoes, and helmets
- Belaying a climber using a top-rope anchor
- Improve efficiency of climbing movement and balance on rock
- Rappelling with instructor belay
- Crag etiquette and stewardship
- Leave no trace principles as they apply to rock climbing
2019 Camp Dates:
Week 1 – Age Group 7-10: July 2, 3, 5
Week 2 – Age Group 11-14: July 23, 24, 26
Week 3 – Age Group 7-10: July 30, 31, August 2
Week 4 – Age Group 11-14: August 13, 14, 16